Sure, it doesn't make sense! I'm talking about Quantum mechanics, of course, and I'm sure you've heard all about it. Electrons teleport, particles act like waves, things travel through solid matter, you can go back in time, and you never REALLY know what's going on. They even defy some of our own universal laws (laws that we thought to be universal...)
So yes, this is very strange, but according to well-learned physicists, it makes perfect sense. It's not just any old wacky made-up theory. I mean, look- these are people who have researched quantum mechanics for more than a lifetime. They know more than we do. I for one, wouldn't be there to doubt them- especially when they've got the actual proofs.
Besides, who said quantum mechanics have to follow our petty universal laws anyway? The fact is that they don't, so what's there to complain about? These quantum particles simply belong on a different level of the world. A different dimension, quite possibly? I dont know, and the fact of the matter is, there are is still great uncertainty about quantum mechanics.
I'd say that it's kind of like eating a chocholate cake and then suddenly realizing that it wasn't actually made out of chocolate. It defies all logical reason... but perhaps that's what the early mevieval thinkers thought while galileo was preaching about the sun and earth's orbital pattern. Really, it was just an idea that people weren't used to, and perhaps that goes for quantum mechanics as well. Our simple human brains just aren't used to comprehending it, so this also goes to show how little we really know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment