Sunday, April 26, 2009

Earth Day

Well, i just so happen to be a huge-time birder and nature lover, so i guess Earth Day means a lot to me. The ideas and basis of Earth Day, of course. You see, Earth Day is just ONE day of the year, and it hardly celebrates any victory since mankind is constantly trashing and spoiling the earth. CONSTANTLY. DAY AND NIGHT. EVERY SECOND.

I mean, to me, I just think it's kind of pathetic how people f*** up their planet and all they can do is turn the idea into some little hallmark holiday with a half-hearted message. It's like, "Gee, mankind. What's the point of Earth Day when half the world doesn't even celebrate it?" We'll just celebrate Earth Day once a year, pretend like we care, and just continue to screw up the environment like normal.

And I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a pessimist, but seriously: There's not enough people who care about the environment. I remember seeing rainforests being cut down to make retirement homes when i was in Panama, and i remember tour guide saying,
"It's a sad, crazy, beautiful world. For every person trying to save this planet, there are two people doing the exact opposite."

I mean, for me personally, I believe every day should be Earth Day. I strongly advocate environmentalist views and policies. I treasure the environment above all else- and i'm dead serious about that. I'm almost part of it- and it kills me to see people abusing it.

No comments: